Brooke Layout

January 13, 2012

Baby Shower for Eleanor: Part 1

My sweet friend Amanda is pregnant with her first baby and I had the pleasure of throwing her work baby shower. True story: I do not work with Amanda, but being married to her co-worker gets me into the club. Amanda is not a super girly girl and I knew that she didn't want your typical sherbet punch and belly measuring baby shower. We needed to do something unique and special for this wonderful lady.

I started off by choosing non-cutesy invites that reminded me of some decor she had picked out for the nursery. You can find the invitations here.

After that I decided on a menu. Since this was going to be a baby shower brunch I wanted to have some sweet and savory dishes. I decided on the following:


 
Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Cups (found here)
These were delish! Since they are made in a muffin tin, there is nowhere for the bacon grease to go so next time I would set them on a paper towel for a little while before I transfered them to the plate.

Sausage Rolls (found here)
When I picked out this recipe I was worried that the Italian seasoning wouldn't be a good flavor fit for a brunch but I was WRONG. You really can't taste the parmesean or Italian seasoning, you can just taste the YUM. 

Sour Cream Coffee Cake 
(out of my new Trisha Yearwood cookbook)
I was SO worried when I pulled this out of the oven because the center fell, but this was the hit of the party! It had this wonderful crunchy outside and a super moist inside. The sour cream really adds to the rich flavor. 


Strawberry Rice Krispie Pops
I wanted to have a hint of pink without overdoing the girly, so I decided to make rice krispie pops with strawberry marshmellows! The subtle strawberry flavor was a great surprise when you bit into the pop. I dipped them into white and milk chocolate and decorated them with all sorts of sprinkles! I put some floral foam into a basket and used it to display the pops!




Stay tuned for Part 2 which includes our baby shower craft!

1 comment:

heart of stone said...

cutest baby shower EVER!!! I love it from start to finish - the invites are adorbs, and I'm pretty sure I could eat ALL of those cake balls. Can't wait for part 2!